>by Bob Burnett |Berkeley writer, retired Silicon Valley executive |Posted: 03/23/2012 8:49 am | One of the most surprising aspects of contemporary Republican politics has been their across-the-board attack on women’s health services and women’s rights. Rather than an isolated misogynistic program, these attacks should be viewed as one part of a conservative agenda to […]
Login using:You can sign in using:
Enter your WordPress.com blog URL
RoboCall Week – Ending!
Week of April 19, 2014:
Putting the GOP line on jobless aid to the test
The cutoff of federal unemployment benefits doesn’t seem to be helping the long-term unemployed get back to work. […]So far, however, the evidence doesn’t seem to support that theory. Rather than finding jobs, the long-term unemployed continue to be out of luck…. First, the short-term unemployed have a much better chance of finding a job than the long-term unemployed and always have. Second, the short-term unemployed are seeing a steady improvement in their prospects, but the long-term jobless are not. And third, there’s been no major shift since the benefits program expired at the end of last year.
Join the conversations: Here on the DLU Landing Zone; at Facebook ; at MSNBC and beyond!
Join the DLU in support of the President and the quest to Turn Our Country – Blue!
“We the People” are uniting in ways that are necessary to make a real difference, a virtual movement; making a real change that matters in the elections moving forward. The Democratic Liberal Umbrella is a grassroots organization; consisting of mainstream every day Americans too informed to vote Republican - ever. We are sick and tired of the ‘Hostage Taking Methods’ employed by the GOP and the extreme Right-wing of the Party; most notability called ‘The Tea Party’.
We’re an umbrella group looking to merge all Democratic voting groups where we can organize into a stronger, more collective body; voicing our concerns, formulating opinions, oppositions and developing plans for an informed transformation that matters and continuing this process throughout this midterm election in 2014 and beyond!
I don’t know how many of your friends are Liberals, Progressives, Independent, Moderate and/or “I Just Don’t Care” about Politics. However we need everyone to defeat/beat the GOP and Tea Party in the election 2014 and beyond! We need to follow the President, the legislative Democratic Party and continue moving this country forward and I am dedicating my time to help in this process to win in 2014! Are you with me? Are you in? Join in this fight, this 'Political War of Words and Beliefs', subscribe and become one of the growing majorities here on The DLU!, Google +, Facebook, Tumblr and beyond!
Let’s Be Liberals and Vote the Right-wing – Out!
Democratic Liberal Umbrella will give you the bitter and the sweet! Join the cause – Your Support Helps! …Enjoy! I’m ready for a game of Chess – Gbismarc!
I’m In! Are You In?
Will you recommend?
Join the DLU
Do you recommend this Site? Please Login!
Democratic Liberal Umbrella on FB
- Civil-rights Movement
- Ronald Reagan’s Real Legacy
- Robert Kuttner looks at Herman Cain’s ’9-9-9′ tax plans and sees a big hit for the middle class
- Voter Suppression: Attack On The American Constitution
- How Obama Can Pummel the GOP With His Jobs Plan
- Tea Party Rhetoric Divides Republicans, Digging the GOP Grave for the Next Election
- Reproductive Rights
- Being Pro-Choice is About Much More Than Just the Right to Abortion Care
- 4 States Where Right-Wingers Are Promoting Shocking Measures to Keep Women Barefoot and Pregnant
- GOP Leadership Losing Steam for Birth Control Fight After Realizing They’re Losing It?
- Catholic Bishops Lose a Big Battle Over Contraception
- Romney and Bork, a Dangerous Team: People For the American Way Campaign Exposes Romney’s Embrace of Judicial Extremism
- Republican Party
- Don’t Let Republicans Sabotage the Economy
- Colin Powell: Tea Party Will Not ‘Produce A Presidential Candidate Who Will Win’
- The Word about the Federal Deficit from Bernie Sanders
- Statement from the President on the Passage of Tax Credits to Help Get Veterans Back to Work
- GOP Field Unveils Disturbing Foreign Policy Platforms